MinistryPlatform sends automated emails each day. We refer to these as Notifications. The following is true of all Notifications in this category:
- These are run via scheduled jobs in the database.
- The jobs are not editable or visible in the Platform.
- Messages that send by these Notifications are visible in the platform. Each time a message is sent by a Notification, a new Message record (and recipient record) will be created. Recipient records will not appear within the Message selected for the Notification.
- They are configured using Configuration Settings
- Support for tokens (Merge Fields) is limited to those specified for each Notification.
- Unless otherwise noted, notification emails come from your DBMail account email (if you need to change the email address associated with your DBMail account, please contact Support).
- Anyone with access and permissions to your database server can check for errors in SSMS under SQL Server Agent by viewing the History of the MP Daily or MP Quarter Hour jobs
- Professional Services follows particular conventions when configuring these jobs, so they not be altered by anyone other than Professional Services or approved technicians.
- You can opt to have the notification sent to the Heads of Household. If you do, the notification will be sent to the two Heads of Household if they have a different email address than the registrant. Note: The messages will be automatically adjusted to say "Parent of."
The available notifications and instructions to configure them are below: