- The Online Directory page of the Portal allows an authenticated user to look up other church attendees' contact information.
- You can disable the Online Directory page if you prefer to not allow attendees access to this information.
- Search is always by Lastname, Firstname and cannot be changed.
- The Online Directory page is sorted by Display Name, Date of Birth, City and then State. As such, this sorts by family first and then by date of birth with the oldest first.
- Users can determine what contact information is visible by logging into the My User Account page. They can update their contact information, as well as check the Unlisted checkbox(es) for Email, Mobile Phone, Home Phone and/or Address if they prefer to not have their contact information available in the Church Directory.
A SPoC must complete initial setup in order to use the Online Directory page.
- Go to Administration > Configuration Settings and ensure the value of the PORTAL,UseOnlineDirectory Configuration Setting is True.
- Use the Portal Admin page for the Configuration Setting to take effect immediately.
- Determine who can access the Online Directory, as well as who is listed in the Online Directory:
- Participant Types:
- Can Access Directory: Must be True to view the directory.
- Show in Directory: Must be True to appear in the directory.
- Status: Must be Active (ID = 1) to appear in the directory.
- Remove From Directory: Must be False to appear in the directory.
- Update the Online Directory format by editing the Online Directory Template.
- Contact Support if you want the names in the Online Directory listed as something other than Last Name, First Name (e.g., Last Name, Nickname).
- Place the navigation link to the Online Directory (my_directory.aspx) in the desired place on your Portal skin. You can also place the link on your church website.