Your people attend events and there are a lot of reasons why you might want them to check in, including Participant Engagement and utilizing Check-in Suite. PocketPlatform puts check-in right in people's, well, pockets.
To leverage check-in, you'll need scanners that can scan phone screens. While bar code scanners will work if you're not using FastPass, scanners that can read QR codes will work for both.
If configured, a FastPass card will appear on your user's Dashboard during check-in events.
- When selected, users will be presented with their Household check-in options so they can check in on their phone.
- When a user checks in on their phone, an Event Participant record with the Participant Type "Registered" will be created.
- When the QR code is scanned, relevant nametags will automatically print and the Participant Type will be updated to "Attended."
- By default, FastPass will be available 60 minutes prior to the start of the event and will be available until 10 minutes after the Event's start time.
Want to get FastPass up and running? We can help you! Contact Support and we'll enable FastPass. Pro tip: Make sure you have QR code reading scanners ready to go. Once FastPass is enabled, both check-in options will present QR codes.
FastPass will only appear on the Dashboard when there is a Check-In Event, so make sure ...
- Check-In is turned on for your Event.
- People are in Groups associated with the Event.
- The early and late check-in times are set. If FastPass isn't appearing on your Dashboard soon enough or is disappearing too early, adjust these times.
By default, FastPass will be available one hour before the Event starts and ten minutes after the start time. Want different availability? No problem! Add your custom times to the Early Check-In Period and Late Check-In Period fields on the Event record.
- Open PocketPlatform app
- Tap "Check-in with FastPass" option on the Dashboard
- Select relevant check-in options
- Tap Create FastPass
- Scan QR code
- Nametags will print automatically
Note: While check-in is available, it has been superseded by FastPass.
Standard check in presents the user with a bar or QR code that is generated based on the Family Call Number field on their Household record.
- If FastPass is enabled, check in will present a QR code. If not, a bar code will be presented.
- Does not allow pre-registration and auto-printing of badges. When scanning a barcode at a check in station, the user will be presented with their Household's check-in options.
- Open PocketPlatform app
- Action Menu (it's the hamburger menu in the upper left corner) > Check-in
- Scan QR or bar code
- Select check-in options