Inactivate a Group
- Go to the Groups page, and open the desired Group.
- Click Edit.
- Add a date to the End Date field.
- Click Save.
Inactivate End Multiple Groups
- Go to the Groups page, and clear any currently selected records.
- Select the Groups to inactivate.
- Change the Selection drop-down to view the current/unsaved selection.
- Click Assign.
- Check the box next to End Date, and indicate a date in the field.
- Click OK.
- Confirm the assignment.
- Clear the selection.
End Dating Current Group Participants When Inactivating a Group
* A trigger
exists that automatically end dates Group Participants when an end date is added for the Group.
Subsequent changes to the End Date do not trigger ending/changing Group Participants End Dates (this only happens once). New Participants added to the Group after its been end-dated are not affected.
The End Date for Participants is only changed if:
- The Group End Date was not previously set (not if changed from one date to another),
- The Participant is in the Group at the time of end dating, and
- The Participant has no end date or one in the future.
A view exists on the Group Participants to show you any records that need to be inactivated because they are currently in a group that has already been end dated or because the Contact record of the person in the group is now Inactive or Deceased.
And Don't Forget to Check
- Available Online: You may set this value to No when end dating a Group, but that is not necessary as only current groups appear on the My Groups page of the Portal.
- Reason Ended: Small group ministries may want to track why groups are ending. Use this field if that is a requirement in your church.