The next generation of the Platform will be here soon, so we're updating our KnowledgeBase articles!
The Contact record has many fields separated into specific sections. Note: With the advent of Field Management, each church can customize whether fields are required, hidden, have a default value, or appear in a different section on the page. So don't worry if your Contact record looks different from the one shown below; it just means your doing YOUR church YOUR way!
Company: Specifies whether the selected Contact record a company
Company Name: If the Contact is a Company, the Company name
Display Name: Last Name, Nickname
Prefix: Title before the Contact's name (for example, Mr., Mrs., Dr.)
First Name: Contact's first name
Middle: Contact's middle name
Last Name: Contact's last name
Suffix: Provides additional information about the person (for example, Jr., Sr., PhD, JD, LMFT)
Nickname: The name the person goes by and is often used by various applications in lieu of the formal first name.
Date of Birth: Includes the calculated age listed in parentheses. A calculated age which is less than one year is represented in months. The system prevents a future date of birth from being inserted or updated.
Gender: Contact's gender
Marital Status: This value is visible to the User on the Portal My User Account page. It is not visible in MobileTools.
Contact Status: Indicates the overall relationship between this Contact and the organization. See Contact Tracking for details. Can be set automatically.
Household: If this individual belongs to a Household, the Household record is linked here
Household Position: Identifies the Contact's position in the Household (head, minor child, etc)
Anniversary Date: Wedding anniversary
Date of Death: Contact's date of death. When entered, this value prevents the Contacts from aging.
Participant Record: If the user has a Participant record, the Participant record is linked here.
Donor Record: If the user has a Donor record, their donor record is linked here.
- Email Address: The singular email address for this Contact (this field does not support multiple addresses):
- If you want to store multiple email addresses for an individual, a SPoC could work with Professional Services to add a custom field for Alternate Email. However, this field would be for storage purposes only and no tools, reports or processes act on it.
- Important: Staff at your church should have their staff email address in this field (not their personal email address). The main reason for this is because the To/From email address used for emails from the Platform is based on the email address in this field.
- Mobile Phone: Contact's mobile phone
- Company Phone: Contact's business phone
- Web Page: Contact's webpage for MP user reference. Not accessible by the Portal or other applications.
- Industry: For your church's information. Not accessible by the Portal or other applications for the congregation to fill in.
- Occupation: This field is simply for your information. It is not accessible by the Portal or other applications for the congregation to fill in.
- HS Graduation Year: This fields is not calculated; rather, this field simply holds the year data you input.
- Bulk E-mail Opt-Out: Set this value to Yes when someone requests that their email be omitted from general mailings.
- Email Unlisted: Set this value to Yes when someone requests that their email not be displayed in the online church directory or My Groups.
- Do Not Text: Set this value to Yes when someone requests that their phone be omitted from general text messages.
- Mobile Phone Unlisted: Set this value to Yes when someone requests that their mobile phone not be displayed in the online church directory or My Groups.
- Remove From Directory: If Yes, this Contact record is not displayed in the online directory.
- User Account: If the Contact has a user account (used to log in to MinistryPlatform, the Portal and other applications), it will be linked here.
- ID Card: Holds The value for churches that use a card with a barcode or scanner symbol.
- Contact GUID: This is pre-assigned by MinistryPlatform.
- Contact Setup Date: The date this Contact record was created to assist in determining how long a Contact has been a part of the system and useful in views, view notifications, or custom routines.