The following fields appear on the User record:
- User Name: A string of characters that uniquely identifies this person. This can be an email address. It can be changed by the user on the Portal. It is not case sensitive.
- User Email (deprecated): This only serves a temporary purpose when a new User is created in the Portal. Otherwise it is not used by MinistryPlatform or in any application supported by Think Ministry, Inc, though it may appear in several page views. This field has been deprecated and is not used.
- Display Name: A redundant field that can be set equal to the Contacts.Display_Name. May be deprecated in the future.
- Password: An encrypted field that can be edited from within MinistryPlatform or by the user on the Portal. However, once added, the value cannot be recovered. When editing, note that changes are saved. The password field always visually shows 8 dots for security.
- Local Network Name: A value that may be left blank. It is used in combination with the Staff Login feature that allows integration with Active Directory. Staff Login works only in MinistryPlatform itself and not in any of the applications that use the API.
- Admin: When True, this user is able to run specific reports and tools that are not available to most users. This bit field does not enable use of any applications using the API or provide any page/sub page rights.
- Publications Manager: [Field is deprecated]
- Contact: The Contact record containing the name, contact information and other vital details about this user. Each User record should have a unique Contact record. This is the required Foreign Key linking the User record to the Contact record.
- Supervisor: The User record of the person to whom this user reports. This may be used by workflow Processes and Process Steps to gain the supervisor's approval when this user adds records to various pages in MinistryPlatform.
- User GUID: A string of characters that become a secondary unique identifier for this user. This is generated automatically and used by certain applications that identify this user.
- Can Impersonate: A bit field that, when True, indicates this User is allowed to impersonate Users in the Platform. This ability should be limited to highly trusted and trained staff members.
- In Recovery (deprecated): A bit field that, when True, indicates this User is currently in password recovery mode. This user has been issued an email with instructions on how to use a temporary password to authenticate in the Portal. This field has been deprecated and is not used.
- Time Zone: The time zone or “standard time” of the User affecting the date and time displayed. Users can change this setting by clicking their user name in the top right of the Platform.
- Locale: The locale or “culture” of the User affecting the formatting of the date, time, and currency displayed. If blank, the system will use the Domain Locale. Users can change this setting by clicking their user name in the top right of the Platform.
- Theme (deprecated): This value determines the color scheme and font applied to the MinistryPlatform application. Users can change this setting by clicking their username in the top right of the MinistryPlatform application. This field has been deprecated. The color scheme and font applied to MinistryPlatform cannot be changed.
- Setup Admin: Grants access to the System Setup area where Pages, Views, etc. are managed.
- Login Attempts: The number of attempts the User has made to unsuccessfully login. Once the Max Login Attempts value is reached (as set on the Domain record), the User will be locked out. A locked out User can be unlocked by resetting their password or a SPoC editing this value to be less than the Max Login Attempts value (typically editing the value to 0).
- Data Service Permissions: The Data Service Permissions have to do with how the OData API allows users to access data remotely through the API. For almost all Users, you can disregard these fields (leave them as false). These permissions should only be given for custom development and/or 3rd Party Integration that uses the API.
- Delegate of: Add the permitted Contact(s) on whose behalf the User can send Messages. These Contact(s) will appear in the From: drop down of the New Message Tool.
- Global Filters: Add the permitted Congregation(s) for the User to see only records for that Congregation as configured in the Global Filters. If no Congregations are specified, all Congregations will be available to the User.
- Ministries Allowed: Add the permitted Ministry(ies) for the User to see only records for that Ministry on Pages where additional setup was completed to enable this feature. If no Ministry(ies) are specified, all Ministries will be available to the User. This feature is currently only partially implemented. Once fully implemented, more details will be added.
Looking for the previous Congregations Allowed sub-page? See this KB.