How you configure your Domain/Account determines how Users can verify an account, log in, and reset their password. So set yourself up for success and review your Domain/Accounts settings to keep everyone happily accessing the Platform. So review or set up your:
- Text Message Configuration
- User Account Settings
- User Account Emails
Configuring Text Set-up/Sign-in
To allow Users to verify their account or password reset via text message, either confirm or add the following information to your Domains/Account page. When they're in place, your Users will be able to verify their account or sign-in via text:
- SMS Server Name: Twillio Account SID
- SMS Server Password: Twillio Auth Token
- SMS Server Callback Secret: A generated GUID value. Pro Tip: Use a GUID Generator to quickly generate a random value.
To allow your users to verify their account or reset their password, texting via the New Message Tool needs to be configured, complete with an outbound SMS text number.
User Account Settings
- Enable Simple Signon: Allows a User to sign on with a mobile phone number or email address instead of a User name. Do yourself (and your Users!) a favor and set this to True ;)
- MFA Required: That's right! You can require all (or some!) of your Users to use Multi-Factor Authentication. Read all about it here.
User Account Messages
- Create Account Message Template: The confirmation email sent to new Users when they click "Create an Account" on the login screen, if email is selected.
- Recover Account Message Template: The confirmation email sent to Users when they click "Forgot Password" on the login screen, if email is selected.
- Multi-Factor Authentication Email Template: The email sent to Users with the multi-factor authentication code, if email is selected.
- Create Account Text Template: The confirmation text sent to new Users when they click "Create an Account" on the login screen, if text is selected.
- Recover Account Text Template: The confirmation text sent to Users when they click "Forgot Password" on the login screen, if text is selected.
- Multi-Factor Authentical Text Template: The text message sent to Users with the multi-factor authentication code.