Very few Users should have access to the Domains/Accounts page. Those with access should use extreme caution
when editing any values in a Domains/Accounts record. Some values should only be edited by ThinkMinistry Staff. If it says "*Do Not Edit*," please heed the warning and contact Support if you feel a change is needed.
- Internal Server Name*: Your MinistryPlatform server name *Do Not Edit*
- External Server Name*: Your MinistryPlatform server name *Do Not Edit*
- Application Title*: The name of your church that appears on your Platform login page.
- Domain GUID*: Your domain's unique ID *Do Not Edit*
- Company Contact: The Contact record for your organization.
- Database Name: Your MinistryPlatform server name *Do Not Edit*
- Max Secured Users:
- Time Zone*: The primary time zone or “standard time” of the Domain affecting the default date and time in which data is stored. *Do Note Edit*
- Locale*:The primary locale or “culture” of the Domain affecting the default formatting and storage of the date, time, and currency.
- Enable User Time Zone: This setting is the best practice recommendation. Default setting will be set to True, allowing User's to set their own Time Zone and Locale preferences upon prompt at first login.
- If church desires to Disable User Time Zone: Not recommended as best practice. Set field to False. SPoC's should Mass Assign User's Time Zone to NULL. Disabling Enable User Time Zone field will:
- Remove Time Zone indication from the date/time fields in the User Interface in both Open Records and Grid.
- Disables Time Zone drop-down on the Edit User record dialog.
- Disables Time Zone/Locale prompt.
- Login Screen Font Color: The RGB color code for the font color on your Platform login page. This field has been deprecated, and is not used.
- Login Screen Background Color: The RGB color code for the background color of your Platform login page. This field has been deprecated, and is not used.
- Base Uri*: Your MinistryPlatform base Uniform Resource Identifier *Do Not Edit*
- Contact Card Template: The fields and formatting for your Contact Card.
- Database Server Name:
- Contact Merge Fields: The merge fields available in the Contact Fields drop down of the New Message Tool.
- Global Filter Page: Allows the data grid to be filtered by one Congregation at a time. The only currently supported values are null (clear) and Congregations.
- Password Authentication Enabled*: True*Do Not Edit*
- Password Complexity Expression: The password complexity requirements for all Users for all applications. *Do Not Edit*
- Password Complexity Message: The message that is displayed to explain password requirements to Users if a new password is attempted and requirements are not met.
- Windows Authentication Enabled*: If True, the Platform login page will include the User Windows checkbox option.
- Windows Display Name:
- Max Login Attempts: Number of unsuccessful login attempts a User can make before being locked out. Once this value is reached, the User will be locked out. A locked out User can be unlocked by resetting their password, a SPoC resetting the password on the locked out user's User Record, or a SPoC editing this value to zero. Leave blank if no lockout is desired.
- API Service Anonymous User: API User *Do Not Edit*
- API Service Password: Your API password which might need to be shared with 3rd party systems for integration.*Do Not Edit*
- OAuth Signing Certificate Thumbprint:
- Reporting Server Address:
- Reporting Server Domain:
- Reporting Server Username:
- Reporting Server Password:
- Reporting Server Timeout*:
- SMTP Server Name: The name of your SMTP server *Do Not Edit*
- SMTP Server Port: The port of your SMTP server *Do Not Edit*
- SMTP Server Username: The username for your SMTP server *Do Not Edit*
- SMTP Server Password: The password for your SMTP server *Do Not Edit*
- SMTP Enable SSL*: True or False depending upon your SMTP server/provider and use of SSL/TLS *Do Not Edit*
- Email Domain: Defines the sending email domain for the Email Server. Any email sent with this domain will not be sent from the EmailProxyFrom value. For example, email addresses are all in the form "firstname.lastname@example.org" would use the domain "universalchurch.org" in this field. Leave this blank to NOT use the proxy.
- Email Proxy From Address: Defines the from email to be used when the sender is not on EmailDomain. This allows other domains to send email through your domain. This address will be used in the FROM field and the actual sender will be sent as the replyTo address.
The values in this section affect platform Messages, Process Emails, and View Notifications. There are other email sub-systems that are configured elsewhere such as database Notifications, Portal messages, and MobileTools email. If you need to update your email settings, please contact support and we will update and test each sub-system for you, working with your IT team to resolve any issues.
- Create Account Message Template: The Message template to be used for the New User Account Confirmation email sent when a User clicks Create Account on the Login screen. A default template is provided that can be modified. Supported (and required) tokens: [Link]. For security, this link is only valid for 24 hours.
- Recover Account Message Template: The Message template to be used for the Password Recovery Verification email sent when a User clicks Forgot Password on the Login screen. A default template is provided that can be modified. The token [Link] must be included in the Message body to allow resets. Optionally, the token [Login_Link] may also be included which allows a one-time login without a password reset. For security, these links are only valid for 24 hours.
- Enable Simple Sign On: When enabled, a mobile phone or email address would be valid in place of username during login. Note: We strongly recommend enabling Simple Sign On to help your users get into the Platform efficiently.
- Custom Button Text: From the OAuth User Account dialog, the text displayed as the button label. *Do Not Edit*
- Custom Button URL: From the OAuth User Account dialog, the URL that will be navigated to if the button is clicked. *Do Not Edit*