- The Activity Log keys off the Audit Log to snapshot of an individual's involvement-related data. (See this FAQ article for more details and tips.) It summarizes an individual's:
- Group Participant records
- Event Participant records (Event Registrations use the _Setup_Date field for Activity Date rather than the Event Start Date unless the participation status is attended or confirmed.)
- Milestones, Responses
- Feedback Entries
- Form Responses
- Needs (requesters and providers)
- Care Cases
- Donations (including Soft Credit) and Pledges
Fields Updated by the Activity Log
In addition to populating the Activity Log page itself, there are also a couple fields on the Household record that are populated automatically based on the Activity Log information.
- Last Activity: this read-only date field shows the date of the last known activity recorded for any Contact in the Household.
- Last Donation: this read-only date field shows the date of the last known Donation by any Contact in the Household. Note that this field is initially disabled; to enable it, a SPoC can go to Administration > Configuration Settings and set the AddHouseholdDonationDates Configuration Setting to Yes.
- First Donation: this read-only date field shows the date of the very first known Donation by any Contact in the Household. Note that this field is initially disabled; to enable it, a SPoC can go to Administration > Configuration Settings and set the AddHouseholdDonationDates Configuration Setting to Yes.
Views Based on the Activity Log
There are several views that are based on Activity Log information. These views do not return any data if the Activity Log has not been updated in over 10 days.
- Households page
- Review Last Congregation view: multi-site churches can use this view to identify Households that are attending a different congregation (campus, site). You can then use the Assign action to mass update the Congregation field on the desired Households.
- Participants page
- Review Last Activity Date view: allows you to determine the date of last activity for each Participant and for their Household. This is a useful view in determining records that could be inactivated. See Inactivate Tool.
- Review Recent Activity view: allows you to review the amount of activity in the last 90 days for a Participant and their Household. This view can be used to determine who is not regularly attending.
- Review Continued Activity: allows you to review records whose Contact Status is Inactive but whose Household (HH) has recent activity. This view can be used to determine which Participants have returned to your church.
Activity Log Customizations
Custom fields and views can be created based upon information in the Activity Log. In particular, the Activity Log is an important part of a Segmentation/Movement process that assists you in categorizing church attendees based on engagement. Any modifications that a church would like to make to the Activity Log Stored Procedure should be added via a secondary procedure as that the Activity Log stored procedure is updated by as a regular part of our deployments. Another example would be updating the Activity Log when Group Names and other Record Names are updated; currently the Activity Log does not update the Record Name.
A SPoC can contact Support and/or Professional Services for any such customizations.