Tithe.ly was born mobile first. From text-to-give to our mobile-giving app, everything has been built for the mobile generation.
This integration pushes transactions made in Tithe.ly to MP whenever a deposit occurs. The transactions that make up the deposit will be pushed over as a new batch.
Tithe.ly's integration is built on a campus-by-campus level which means multiple campuses can have the same integration configured.
There is no charge from Think Ministry for configuring the integration.
Fees from Tithe.ly will be assessed as per each church's individual contract agreement.
Initial Setup and Requirements
An account with Tithe.ly must be established before the integration can be configured.
Step 1: In MP
- Go to Administration > API Clients
- Click NEW
- Enter Tithely for Display Name and Client ID
- Enter a Client Secret. This is the 'password' used by Tithe.ly to access your MinistryPlatform database. We highly recommend using a password generator to have your Client Secret be very unique and secure.
- Select a Client User. Choose: API, API | Login: apiuser
- Authentication Flow: Authorization Code, Implicit, Hybrid, Client Credentials, or Resource Owner
- All other settings can remain the same
- Click SAVE
Step 2: Setup Integration in Tithe.ly
- Once you have the items listed above, login to your Tithe.ly Admin account
- Navigate to My Churches > Edit Organization
- Click the "Integrations" tab
- Select the "Ministry Platform" option from the Integration drop down
- Once here, enter your base URL to your Ministry Platform installation
- Then enter your Client ID and Client Secret
- If you would like donations to be passed over as loose transactions, check the checkbox at the bottom labeled "Send Transactions Without A Batch". (If this box is unchecked, a new batch will be created and all transactions within the deposit will be pushed into the batch.)
- Finish by clicking "Configure"
Once your integration is configured, you'll need to pull over your active programs as giving types for your donors to make designations for their donations.
- Click the "Giving Types" tab
- Click the "Resync Integration Giving Type" link
- Click the "Resync Giving Types" button
- Your active programs will be pulled over from Ministry Platform as new giving types
Any giving type without an Integration ID should no longer be used for taking donations.
- Change the status on these to "hidden"
- For any giving types you would like to show on the donation form, change the status to "active"
- You can change the names of the giving types if you'd like and/or reorder them as you see fit
- To add another giving type, create a new program in MP, then repeat these steps
If no match is found, the donation will be matched to "***Default, Contact." The transaction details includes all the donation info including the name and email to assist the admin in assigning the donation to the proper donor. The donors can then be assigned/created by going to Tools > Assign Donor.
Support is provided by Tithe.ly. Their Support team can be reached by phone: 424-644-3120 or email: email@example.com.