GiveCentral is a multi-platform online donation tool that helps small to mid-size nonprofits with their fundraising and donor management efforts.
This integration pushes donations made through GiveCentral into the Platform as they process. Admins are then able to create Batches and Deposits from within the Platform to complete donation processing.
Note: GiveCentral will also be sending all user's info like name, email address, etc. into the Donation notes section
There is no charge from MinistryPlatform for configuring the integration.
Fees from GiveCentral will be assessed as per each church's individual contract agreement.
Initial Setup and Requirements
An account with GiveCentral must be established before the integration can be configured.
Step 1: In MP
- Go to Administration > API Clients
- Click NEW
- Enter GiveCentral for Display Name and Client ID
- Enter a Client Secret. This is the 'password' used by GiveCentral to access your MinistryPlatform database. We highly recommend using a password generator to have your Client Secret be very unique and secure.
- Select a Client User. Choose: API, API | Login: apiuser
- Authentication Flow: Authorization Code, Implicit, Hybrid, Client Credentials, or Resource Owner
- All other settings can remain the same
- Click SAVE
Step 2: Setup Integration in GiveCental
- Organize all funds, fund IDs, donors and donor IDs
- Contact GiveCentral to be assigned Implementation Manager
- Work with Implementation Manager one on one to familiarize
- Contact GiveCentral Support (email@example.com) for any questions or issues at any time
Mapping GiveCentral "Events" to MP Programs
- Login to GiveCentral Admin Account
- View All
- Click an Event
- Scroll down to Program ID
- Enter the Program ID of the corresponding MP Program
- Click Finish Editing
If no match is found, the donation will be matched to "***Default, Contact." The transaction details contains all of the donation information, including the name and email to assist the admin in assigning the donation to the proper donor. The donors can
then be assigned/created by going to Tools > Assign Donor.
Mapping MP Donor ID to GiveCentral Donors:
- Log in to GiveCentral Admin Account
- Search Donor
- Click on Donor
- Edit Primary Information
- Add Donor ID
- Click Save Donor button
Support is provided by GiveCentral.