eSPACE HVAC Integration
eSPACE's Church Facility Management software can help you more efficiently manage - and steward - your facilities all while leveraging and updating your MP data! eSPACE's HVAC integration pulls room schedules from MinistryPlatform and sends commands to building automation systems or thermostats to automatically control heating and cooling (HVAC) based on individual room schedules.
Initial Setup and Requirements
An account with eSPACE must be established before the integration with MinistryPlatform can be configured.
Step 1: In MP
- Go to Administration > API Clients
- Click NEW
- Enter eSPACE for Display Name and Client ID
- Enter a Client Secret. This is the 'password' used by eSPACE to access your MinistryPlatform database. We highly recommend using a password generator to have your Client Secret be very unique and secure.
- Select a Client User. Choose: API, API | Login: apiuser
- Authentication Flow: Authorization Code, Implicit, Hybrid, Client Credentials, or Resource Owner
- All other settings can remain the same
- Click SAVE
Step 2: In eSPACE
- Go to Settings -> Other -> Integrations -> ChMS, and click Edit next to MinistryPlatform.
- Enter the appropriate credentials (Base URL, Client ID, and Client Secret).
- Once complete, email the eSPACE integration team and they will turn on the required MP fields to be included with each event.
- eSPACE will sync spaces (all individually under settings -> basic) from MP.
- IF you would like to import your MP events into eSPACE, you can, but it is not required.
- You will now be ready to begin using the integration to sync MP event and room usage to eSPACE.
Existing eSPACE Users - It is important that ALL Rooms are spelled exactly the same (including spaces) in both systems to prevent duplicates from being added into eSPACE.
Fifteen minutes after you enter the first data source, eSPACE will begin polling MinistryPlatform
every 15 minutes to pull in your approved events and rooms.
There is no charge from Think Ministry for configuring the integration. Fees from eSPACE will be assessed as per each church's individual contract agreement.
Once configured, you will see Lookup Values > External Identities in your MP database (mapping table).
eSPACE will begin poll MinistryPlatform every 15 minutes and pull in two days' worth of approved events and rooms.
The fields that sync as part of the Integration from MP to eSPACE:
- Event Title
- Setup Time
- Teardown Time
- Start Time
- End Time
HVAC solutions that this integration works with are BAS that speaks BACnet, a JACE, or a few different thermostats. Some solutions may require the purchase of additional hardware.
Support is provided by eSPACE at email@example.com.